We are told that when John Huss was arrested and informed that he would be burned to death for his faith, he purposely practiced holding his hand over fire to prepare for his final test. He burned himself in preparation. He wanted to be faithful to the end. (Moody Monthly, April, … More
Moses’ obedience to God’s command is a key theme of the final chapter of Exodus. The people provided all the resources and labor but only the Lord’s servant Moses was authorized to erect the tabernacle and prepare it for the Lord’s entry. This chapter brings us to a certain climax, as the tabernacle is completed, and yet at the same time the reader is prepared for the continuation of the story in the following book of Leviticus. The anointing of the priesthood comes in (Lev. Chap’s 8-9).
This chapter can be divided into three parts.
1. Divine instructions given to Moses concerning the arranging of the tabernacle and its furnishings, along with the anointing of the holy things (vv. 1-16).
2. A description of the way Moses carefully carried out God’s commands in setting up and sanctifying the tabernacle (vv. 17-33).
3. The glory of God descending upon the tabernacle in the form of the cloud (vv. 34-38).
These first 17 verses of this chapter are divided into two sections:
1. The proper arrangement of the furnishings of the temple (vv. 1-8). God commanded that the tabernacle be set up about a year after the Exodus and eight and a half months after Israel’s arrival at Sinai. A place for everything and everything in its proper place. The building of the tabernacle took less than six months.
2. Instructions are given for anointing the tabernacle, its furnishings, and the high priest (vv. 9-17). The predominant terms “anoint” and “consecrate"are brought to light, which results in the object becoming holy (vv. 12-13). Do the same with Aaron and his sons.
God allows people to participate with Him in carrying out His will. My task is not just to sit and watch God work, but to give my best effort when work needs to be done.
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (EntityRef: expecting ';' at line 49, column 103) in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/magpie6-1/rss_fetch.inc on line 230
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/rss/esvLookup.php on line 15
View this passage in NIV (Bible Gateway) »
Exodus 37:1-29Making Furniture For The Tabernacle
Exodus 38:1-20Materials For The Tabernacle
Exodus 38:21-31Inventory Taken of The Total Construction
Exodus 39:1-43Making The Priestly Clothes
Exodus 40:1-16The Tabernacle Erected And Arranged
Exodus 40:17-33Moses Carefully Carried Out God’s Commands
Exodus 40:34-38The glory of God revealed