As I look back over my life one of the things I wish I had done more of was to praise others, starting
with my wife, my children and my co-workers. Perhaps once in a hundred years a person may be
ruined by excessive praise, but surely once every minute someone dies inside for lac … More
The Lord reveals to John in a vision what is going to happen in heaven just before the tribulation takes place on earth:
I. The first thing that John saw was a scroll (vv. 1-4).
1. The description of the scroll (v. 1). In this passage we are introduced to a sealed book in the right hand of God as He sits on the throne. It was a scroll sealed with seven seals in such a way that if unrolled the seals would need to be broken one by one.
2. The proclamation from an Angel (v. 2). An immediate problem came up as an angel asked who was worthy to open the book. It appeared as if there was no one who can do it.
3. The depression of the preacher (vv. 3-4). John is found weeping when no one could be found who was worthy to open the book. The weeping continued until one of the elders stopped John and announced that Christ would open the book.
II. The second thing that John sees is the Savior (vv. 5-7). He can open the scroll.
1. His person - “The lion of the tribe of Judah” (v. 5).
2. His power - “Prevailed” = Has conquered (v. 5).
3. His position - “In the midst of the throne” (v. 6).
Lord, I want to try to capture this scene of praise. Help me to feel how I would have felt if I had been in John’s shoes. What are some of the things I need to praise the Lord for in my life?
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (EntityRef: expecting ';' at line 49, column 103) in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/magpie6-1/rss_fetch.inc on line 230
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/rss/esvLookup.php on line 15
View this passage in NIV (Bible Gateway) »
Revelation 2:1-7The Church at Ephesus Lost Its First Love
Revelation 2:8-11The Persecuted Church at Smyrna
Revelation 2:12-17The Church at Pergamos Was Worldly
Revelation 2:18-29The Church at Thyatira Compromised
Revelation 3:1-6The Church at Sardis Was Spiritually Dead
Revelation 3:7-13The Church at Philadelphia Was Obedient
Revelation 3:14-22The Church at Laodicea Was Lukewarm
Revelation 4:1-11Worship in Heaven
Revelation 5:1-7The Lamb Takes The Scroll
Revelation 5:8-14What is True Worship?
Revelation 6:1-8Four riders on different horses
Revelation 6:9-17The voice of the Martyrs
Revelation 7:1-8Will any be saved during the tribulation?
Revelation 7:9-17The world’s greatest revival meeting
Revelation 8:1-13Sounding of the Seven Trumpets begins