rated movies grew, Ivory sought out a cover girl that better reflected its image of 99 44/100% purity. Are you a good cover model for God … More
Moses covers various laws in this chapter as it pertains to a man’s neighbors and his family:
1. Every man was required to help protect that which belonged to his neighbor (vv. 1-4).
2. The clothing of men and women was to maintain a distinction between the sexes (v. 5). During the days of Moses garments worn by men and women were mostly robes and very similar. The major difference was their decoration or ornamentation.
3. Men were commanded to help animals protect their young (vv. 6-7). This is illustrated through the object lesson of a bird.
4. A man was not to allow hazardous things around his home but to be concerned for the safety of others (v. 8).
5. Things were not to be mixed that were separated in God’s creation such as seeds, animals etc. (vv. 9-11).
6. Tassels were placed on a person’s clothing to remind man of the Lord’s commands (v. 12).
7. The laws of sexual purity are given (vv. 13-20):
a. As it pertains to a husband who accuses his wife of not being a virgin (vv. 13-21).
b. As it pertains to a man sexually involved with a married woman (v. 22).
c. As it pertains to rape and seduction of an engaged virgin (vv. 23-27).
d. As it pertains to a man and woman involved in sexual impurity (vv. 28-29).
e. As it pertains to incest (v. 30).
Sexual sin is not innocent dabbling in forbidden pleasure. Instead, is it a powerful destroyer of relationships that is destroying our society.
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (EntityRef: expecting ';' at line 50, column 103) in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/magpie6-1/rss_fetch.inc on line 230
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/rss/esvLookup.php on line 15
View this passage in NIV (Bible Gateway) »
Deuteronomy 19:1-21Missionary Tells How Christians Were Protected
Deuteronomy 20:1-20Moses Gives The Principles of Military Service And Warfare
Deuteronomy 21:1-23Laws Regarding Murder, Marriage And Delinquent Sons
Deuteronomy 22:1-30Laws Concerning Relationships, Mixtures And Marriage
Deuteronomy 23:1-25The World, The Flesh And The Devil
Deuteronomy 24:1-22The Mosaic Law of Divorce And Varied Regulations
Deuteronomy 25:1-19Punishment of The Guilty, Widows And Amalek