The book can be outlined as follows:
1. Isaiah denouncing sin:
a. The personal sins of the people (chapters 1-6).
b. The national sins of the leaders (chapters 7-12).
c. The sins of the Gentile nations (chapters 13-23.
2. A description of global judgment (chapters 24-27).
3. The impending Assyrian invasion (chapters 28-35).
4. God’s miraculous deliverance of Jerusalem (chapters 36-37).
5. Hezekiah’s foolish cooperation with Babylon (chapters 38-39).
6. A focus on the attributes of the Godhead:
a. The greatness of God the Father (chapters 40-48).
b. The grace of God the Son (chapters 49-57).
c. The glory of God the Holy Spirit (chapters 58-66).