Years ago the communist government in China commissioned an author to write a biography of Hudson Taylor with the purpose of distorting the facts and presenting him in a bad light. They wanted to discredit the name of this consecrated missionary of the gospel. As the author … More
In this passage another law of the Israelites is given:
IV. Things involving Legal Justice:
1. To be a true witness and not side in with the unrighteous in legal cases (v. 1).
2. Not to pervert justice by being influenced by the crowd (v. 2).
3. Not to show favoritism to the poor (v. 3).
4. To be kind, even to the animals of a person you have a legal dispute with (vv. 4-5).
5. Never to deny justice to the poor because of their social status (v. 6).
6. Not to give a false testimony in court that might result in their death (v. 7)
7. Accept no bribes for favoritism in court (v. 8).
8. Never take advantage of a stranger (v. 9).
As a young person it is certainly easy to get in with the wrong crowd and be influenced by it in the wrong way (vv. 1-2). We are not to let our prejudice for or against the poor influence our thinking and that justice will prevail concerning them (v. 3). In a practical way, (v. 4-5) are the carrying of the precept “Love thy neighbor as thyself....” (Lev. 19:18). The taking of a bribe and the oppression of a stranger are also forbidden (vv. 6-9).
I am never to take advantage of others when it is in my power to do so. I am in this world to be a servant and not a person of power.
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (EntityRef: expecting ';' at line 49, column 103) in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/magpie6-1/rss_fetch.inc on line 230
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/familytimes/includes/rss/esvLookup.php on line 15
View this passage in NIV (Bible Gateway) »
Exodus 20:1-17The Ten Commandments
Exodus 20:18-26Israel Lost Their Fear of God
Exodus 21:1-11The Law Concerning Servants
Exodus 21:12-21The Law Concerning Violence
Exodus 21:22-36Animal Control Laws
Exodus 22:1-6Property Laws
Exodus 22:7-17Laws For Everyday Life
Exodus 22:18-31Moral And Ceremonial Principles
Exodus 23:1-9Equal Justice For All
Exodus 23:10-19Three Annual Feasts
Exodus 23:20-33A Promise And a Warning
Exodus 24:1-11The People Agree to Obey God
Exodus 24:12-18Moses on Mt Sinai
Exodus 25:1-9Offerings For The Santuary
Exodus 25:10-22The Ark of The Covenant
Exodus 25:23-30The Table of Showbread
Exodus 25:31-40The Golden Lampstand
Exodus 26:1-37Furnishings For The Tabernacle